Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Story Behind This Blog

Animals have always been a huge part of my life, I have quite a few of my own loveable pets, and I've been a vegetarian for the past 6 years. I always have wanted to live a healthy happy life, so it's only natural that I would want to live cruelty-free. I always have the idea of living cruelty free in my mind, and always tried to go with cosmetic brands which were cruelty-free, but I never kept updated on their animal friendly status. In the past year a lot has changed in the cosmetics industry, all of the brands owned by Estee Lauder have started testing on animals (Clinique, MAC, Bobbi Brown ect...). A lot of people don't know that in order to sell in China cosmetic companies have to test on animals, so many companies are changing their cruelty-free status just to sell in China. This really hit home for me, the brands I used on a daily basis were throwing their morals aside for a financial benefit. For example, I have always been a MAC girl since middle school but now that they are no longer cruelty-free I will never buy a product from them again. I also became rather fond of Smashbox, and loved that they had the leaping bunny seal of approval on their packages, until recently that is, they are now no longer cruelty-free. The point of this blog is to share that living cruelty-free can be easy, and glamorous. I will show my readers cruelty-free alternatives to their favorite makeup products, product reviews, and tutorials on different makeup looks.

Welcome to my journey into blogging!
Shelby

No comments: